Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Think I'll throw myself a pity party!

What an ordeal this has been.  Out of necessity, I've trained myself to be a patient person, but this is trying even the far limits of my capacity to "just wait it out."  

Long days, weeks, and months of debilitating pain, followed by even MORE weeks of excruciating agony after the surgery.  Finally got almost to the end of that and a killer cold, complete with body aches, chills and fever, jumped on me.  Lay in the recliner last night and cried like a big baby.  And then coughed myself inside out.  

This is so stupid.  Get a little perspective, kiddo ... you've simply shot your immune system.  Temporarily!!  Not permanently.   And whaddaya gonna say to that brave young girl who's in the process of losing her extremities to a flesh-eating disease?!  Would you be up for lying down next to her in her hospital bed and comparing notes??  Get outta here!!!  

So no more of this.  Go find something constructive to do and get over yourself.  You have no IDEA about pain and suffering -- NONE!!  Life is good.  End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment