Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday, Monday ...

I've been working for a week on a piece for public consumption that isn't coming together, for whatever reasons.  At this point I'm frustrated and discouraged, two feelings I abhor.  So maybe it's time to just bang out something for me and let the chips fall willy-nilly. 

I'm worn down by pain and sick to death of pain meds.  They have an adverse effect on my energy level and my mood and they're a constant reminder that "stuff happened."  I'm moving toward full recovery day by day (or at least I HOPE that's where this is going), but it's SO SLOW!!!  Maybe that's so I'll appreciate it enough to preserve it once it finally gets here.

It's less than intelligent to let life get to me when things in general are so fabulous.  I have nothing to complain about other than a little pain, and who doesn't have some of that?  So, of course, that being true, the next thing I have to deal with is guilt.  Which I also hate.  

I was never going to be one of those little old ladies who is focused on -- consumed with -- things like surgeries in all their disgusting details, pain in its various iterations, or BMs and whether or not the day produced one.  Blech.  Dear God, may I never reach that state of mental and emotional elderliness.

Okay, so life happens.  And keeps on happening.  One day becomes the next and brings its own load of challenges ... and joy. 

There is no good reason to lose heart, even on a momentary basis.  Part of adulthood is taking what comes and continuing to move forward.  

So hello, Monday, my old friend.  We're in this together -- always were, always will be.  Life is good.  Let's see what's next ...

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have perspective. Good for you, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete