Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Milestone realized!

Sat down at the piano this morning for the first time in many, many weeks and could not stop the tears welling up from somewhere in my chest at the sheer joy of playing again.  A big YES -- this is what it means to heal.  

The freedom of playing for my own enjoyment is one of the greatest thrills life holds.  I don't much like playing for other people -- my liberty comes in letting fly and sight-reading through page after page of cool melodies and chord progressions.

Played and played and played until the back said, "Okay, save some for later."  Today was a long time coming, but SO worth waiting for.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you... I bet the music sounded so sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete